Specialists in health and life sciences at your service
Are you looking for support to create innovation or to better promote your innovation? Multi-disciplinary teams of legal, scientific and business specialists at the Montpellier Méditerranée Métropole Business and Incubation Centre (lien interne) and Transferts LR are ready to work with you from the earliest phases of your project.
A start-up incubator adapted to your needs
Are you looking for office and laboratory space adapted to your project? The Cap Alpha (lien interne vers page Cap Alpha), start-up incubator located in Clapiers, just north of Montpellier, offers custom and modular office space and turn-key laboratory solutions in a pleasant environment in the heart of the Montpellier ecosystem. Starting your company with Montpellier Méditerranée Métropole BIC is a great way for you to leverage daily opportunities to establish ties with other companies in the health sector, among others. If space is not available at the Montpellier Méditerranée Métropole BIC facility directly, or if another incubation option seems more appropriate for your project, advisors will point you in the right direction. And help you save time.
Funding for your collaboration projects
The Eurobiomed competitiveness cluster unites a network of companies and research entities for innovative collaboration projects. This cluster works with you to help organize your project so that you can apply for funding from various sources, such as the French Unique Interministerial Fund and the French National Research Agency, each adapted to moving projects forward. Contact the cluster if you are interested in setting up a collaboration project related to any of its 5 main topics:
- Fighting infectious, tropical and emerging diseases
- Fighting rare and orphan diseases
- Medical solutions, in particular biomarkers and in-vitro diagnostics
- Immunology and related therapeutic applications
- Neurological pathologies, aging and handicaps
Professional networks and events
Would you like to meet other companies, researchers and players in your field? You are probably already familiar with these sources, but here they are again for your reference:
- Eurobiomed: Eurobiomed organizes events, theme-oriented conferences, shared tools and dedicated services, group actions.
- Euromediag: a unique network in France of players in the medical diagnostics field to encourage partnerships, innovation and general development of the sector.
- Biomeridies: a professional organization of companies involved with biotechnologies and life sciences.
- Rare: Eurobiod conference on rare diseases, a flagship event in France.
- EIC (Euromediag International Convention): one of the leading medical diagnostics events in Europe.
Well-respected educational programs to hire quality staff and interns
The greater Montpellier area welcomes some 60,000 students each year with a rich selection of higher education options offered by University of Montpellier Sud de France.
E-health: a growing field filled with opportunities
For many years, the health field has leveraged ICT contributions in its innovation process. Many local companies concentrate their efforts at the intersection of these two complementary sectors, including: Siemens Medical Solutions, Intrasense, Axilog, Keosia, Weda, Epsilog…
Many ambitious projects are being developed, such as MoJOS (health-oriented game engine) led by Didact Systemes, IDATE and Universities of Montpellier 1 and 2. MoJOS was chosen in a call-for-projects focusing on Serious Games, with the goal of being certified as a therapeutic solution (market authorization process).
A high-level engineering program in ICT and health began in September 2010 in Montpellier, with support from Institut Mines Télécom, Ecole des Mines d'Alès and Universities of Montpellier 1 and 2.