Specialists at your service
Are you looking for support to create innovation or to better promote your innovation? Multi-disciplinary teams of legal, scientific and business specialists at the Montpellier Méditerranée Métropole Business and Incubation Centre (lien interne) and Transferts LR are ready to work with you from the earliest phases of your project, directing you as necessary to the right professional
A start-up incubator dedicated to ICT
Are you looking for office space adapted to your project? Located in Montpellier's Eurêka business park, the Cap Omega ICT incubator offers custom and modular office solutions in a pleasant environment in the heart of the area's professional ecosystem. You'll be joining some 50 other start-ups in the ICT sector. Starting your company with Montpellier Méditerranée Métropole BIC is a great way for you to leverage daily opportunities to establish ties with other ICT companies and innovative businesses. If space is not available at the Montpellier Méditerranée Métropole BIC facility directly, or if another incubation option seems more appropriate for your project, advisors will point you in the right direction. And help you save time.
If your company is a start-up, Montpellier Méditerranée Métropole BIC will help you in your search for seed capital. The SME Growth Pack is available for small- and medium-sized companies, offering a set of tools to help your company grow. This includes seeking the right sources of funding for your company and your development projects.
Is your company's activity related to optics-photonics? Or can your work leverage these technologies? The Optitec competitiveness cluster unites a network of companies and research organizations for innovative collaboration projects in this field. This cluster works with you to help organize your project so that you can apply for funding from various sources, such as the French Unique Interministerial Fund and the French National Research Agency, each adapted to moving projects forward.
Structured networks and professional conferences
By participating in professional clusters and conferences, you'll have opportunities to meet companies, researchers and other players in your sector.
Several local business associations support professional gatherings, facilitating partnership arrangements and offering services to assist your company's development, including human resources, hiring, international aspects and more.
- Novae LR is a regional ICT cluster with some 100 company members. Over 400 regional
- companies benefit from Novae LR services.
- A group of software companies within the cluster offers services and organizes events dedicated to this activity.
- The Pix'LR cluster is comprised of some 30 companies and groups in the video game and digital creation sector.
- The recently-created Media Cloud cluster unites SMEs and large international groups to focus on communication issues in the home, and on accessing multimedia resources via the Internet.
- The HPC@LR center helps bring SMEs and researchers up to speed on intensive computing technologies.
- The Optitec competitiveness cluster is comprised of companies and researchers in the field of optics and photonics, as well as the companies that make use of these technologies.
A number of different industry events also help bring people with common interests together, such as Connec'TIC, an ICT conference organized in May by Novae LR; and Digiworld Summit organized by IDATE in November.
Montpellier Méditerranée Métropole initiated a major video game conference, Montpellier In Game (MIG), which is held annually towards the end of the year. MIG welcomes:
- General public: 47,000 attendees in 2012
- Professionals: conferences, business meetings
- Students and academics: R&D events, student competitions, master-classes