The 4th edition of the Agroecological Transition and Sustainable Food Month event takes place August 30 to October 7, organized by Montpellier Méditerranée Métropole and its partners.
Ambitious agro-ecological and food policyFor the past four years, Montpellier Métropole has driven a novel agroecology and food policy, representing one of Montpellier Méditerranée Métropole’s key development pillars.
Montpellier Métropole agroecology and food policy is based on 5 key goals:
- Offer healthy, locally-grown food to as many people as possible
- Support the local economy along with agricultural and agri-food jobs
- Protect our landscape heritage and natural resources
- Limit greenhouse gases and adapt to climate change
- Favor social cohesion by building links with nature, as well as gateways between cities and the countryside.