Montpellier: a territory that attracts
Montpellier opens its arms to you with its long-standing tradition of welcoming, an exceptional environment, a privileged location in the Mediterranean region, and a quality of life appreciated by many.
Five reasons to choose the greater Montpellier area
1. Demographic and economic vitality
- The fastest growing area in France, twice the nationwide demographic growth forecast from 2020 to 2030 (French Institute for Statistics).
- Economic vitality enhanced by public investment of 5 billion euros in major territorial projects
2. Qualified and available workforce
- 72,000 students (including 15% international) and 36,000 senior managers
- A level of French productivity higher than the rest of the Euro Zone or USA (American Bureau for Statistics)
- Lower cost of labor than Lyon, Toulouse, Grenoble and Marseille (French Institute for Statistics)
3. Advantageous compagny set-up costs
- Leading European destination for its low cost of doing business (KPMG)
- Lower company establishment costs: 5% lower than Nantes, 10% lower than Lyon, and over 25% lower than Paris (BNP Paribas Real Estate, Ober Haff, Michael Page, Adecco)
4. Innovation and international leaders
- Leading location in France in terms of public-sector research intensity (French Institute for Statistics)
- Ranked as the second-leading startup incubator in the world by UBI Global, BIC propagates Montpellier’s expertise in assisting innovation.
5. Non-stop quality of life
- Authentic traditions and a Mediterranean lifestyle in the heart of the world’s largest wine region
- A calendar of cultural and sports events worthy of a European metropolis, exhibitions by the world’s greatest painters, international festivals for dance, cinema, music, and extreme sports
LARGEST CITY IN FRANCEin terms of population size (Insee 2018)
METROPOLISin terms of job growth (Compas 2016)